Tea Bag Art, Rust and Thread

rusted_teabags.jpg

It’s time for a new beginning. I plan on making the most of the New Year by expanding my mixed media art using more thread and fabric in addition to text, photography, and collage.

It’s popular to chose a word to focus on at the beginning of the year and I have chosen “growth” as my word.

The thesaurus lists growth along with expansion, improvement, and rising up.

How I made this piece of tea bag art:

I started with three rusted tea bags, two rectangles and one round.

I rusted them.

When they were dry, I ironed the two rectangles onto a piece of interfacing that is heat-activated. Now, they’re sturdier than just the tea bag filter paper.

I used matte medium to attach the round tea bag to the structure.

Then, I tore some old text into a strip that was the length of the width of the piece. And I tore a little piece that looks like a house.

I hand stitched all of the papers to the structure.

If you want more info about how I made this piece of tea bag art, just email me. I’m happy to help.

 
Carol.png
 


Carol WebsterComment